'89 900 (NT) Radiator Fan Doesn't Get Voltage. Thermal Switch Is OK

I just did a little troubleshooting and found that when the fan was connected directly to the battery it works good. The thermal switch was bypassed and is not the problem (there is no voltage getting to this switch). The 30 amp radiator fan #25 fuse is getting 12 volts. Any suggestions on what other things to check for is greatly appreciated. I may just hook up the fan directly to the battery via the thermal switch and install an inline fuse. Mark

Reply to
markc

Have a look in schematics to find out why the fan isn't getting power. It's probably a broken wire, connector that's come loose, or something similar to that.

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

That is my next step but I don't like the wiring diagrams in the Haynes manual that I have so I'm getting a Bentley manual.

Mark

Reply to
markc