89 Saab 900 Error code readout

My 89 Saab 900 is acting up and I need to do a read-out of the fault codes. I need someone to describe the proper hookup for wiring of the readout switch to the four wire connector under the rear seat. I've got four wires, red, black, blue/white, and gray/white. I believe once I get connected I understand the signalling handshaking. I just need to get wired up.

thanks,

jim

Reply to
Kranz

According to the Haynes 1979-1988 900 manual (fig 13.45), in the 1988 and later US 900S, that is pin #3 in a 3 pin connector on the right side of the front fender, near the power steering oil reservoir and the vacuum tank.

See

MH

the 89+ Saab C900 (LH 2.4) has a 10 pin connector under the rear seat. It has a rectangular cap.

Keithg

MH wrote:

Reply to
KeithG