'89 Saab 900i steering heavy

I've noticed over the past few days that the steering in my 900 is getting very heavy indeed. It's also started making a loud groaning noise when you try to turn the steering wheen whiel maneuvering at slow speeds.

I'm thinking it might be the power steering fluid needing topped up, but I'm more worried that it might be a problem with the pumps for the power steering.

Has anyone encountered this before, and is it likely to be painfull in the wallet?

Reply to
Fat Sam

"Fat Sam" schreef in bericht news:SP6th.45228$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net...

Hello, why worry for days when you can just check the fluid in 20 seconds? The fluid is also the lubricant for the entire power steering system, pump and cylinder... they wont last very long without it.

Yes. Fluid is about 10 EURO, power steering pump plus mounting and re-aligning about 800 EURO plus 10 EURO fluid.... ;-)

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

"Richard" schreef in bericht news:45b512e7$0$31971$ snipped-for-privacy@news.euronet.nl...

Of course that is: power steering pump PLUS STEERING RACK plus...

Reply to
Richard