9-3 and the "check engine" information

Hi, I've got some problem and I don't know If I have to be scared, cause "check engine" is real frightening information.

Generally I don't have any problems with my saab 9-3 (2.2 TiD '98). It's nice and easy to hit 180 km/h :)

Engine works normally (as usual). Do U have any ideas about my problem?!

Reply to
Piotru$

"check engine" means: check engine.

Reply to
Johannes

Uzytkownik "Johannes" napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@spam-gets-nowhere-sizefitter.com...

respect! U'r genius! ;)

I know "check engine" definition, but I've got my summer holidey, without any car garage to check what is going on...

Reply to
Piotru$

I saw a TV programme recently. An Airbus was emptying the fuel faster than expected, according to instruments. As this aircraft is highly computerized, the pilot believed it was a software bug; happens all the time... To satisfy the computer, they opened a cross valve between the two tanks. This only made the problem worse.

However, to cut a long story short, it was actually losing fuel at an alarming rate. They managed to change the journey and save the aircraft, but only just in time. The problem was caused by a wrong type of pipe fitted during maintenance.

Reply to
Johannes

Check fit of vacuum hoses, large and small. This is a simple check.

Reply to
Johannes

Isn't an old favourite, make sure the fuel cap is properly tight and sealed and try a replacement if needed, and make sure the oil filler is properly on, too? ISTR people have CEL issues from those too things. Damned complicated modern cars. Give me back a nice C900.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar