9-3 Arc - Driver's Package... what is "wiring for hands-free phone"?

I am looking at a new 9-3 Arc. Under Options Packages, it has...

"DRIVER'S PACKAGE Includes red-walnut trim, 8-way power front seats with driver's-side

3-position memory, power windows with express up and down and remote opening, auto-dimming mirror with integrated garage door opener and compass, 6-disc in-dash CD changer, wiring for hands-free phone, Saab Park Assist System, and rain-sensing windshield wipers. " What is meant by the "wiring for hands-free phone" statement?

Is that the setup for the On-Star/Verizon deal? or can you use an existing phone (Bluetooth perhaps) with the car?

Reply to
Mark_Venture

I had a poke about under the dash of my 1999 9-3 which also boasts 'wiring for hands-free phone'. It seems to consist of an auxiliary socket which I presume is linked to the power and radio, so any hands-free kit would need to be either a genuine Saab one or at least compatible with that wiring adapter.

Obviously time has marched on so it may be different on a new vehicle, but I doubt it!

D :-)

Reply to
1