9-3 hood probelms

Help !! The hood on my 99 9-3 conv will not fold down without manual help. The problem is with the flap that flips up allowing thE hood to fold into the boot recess, the flap does not flip ! if you lift it by hand all works fine until its time to open it again, manual intervention required. You can hear the pump labouring and I have peered inside and can clearly see a hydraulic unit and levers.

Any suggestions gratefully recieved.

Regards..Trappy

Reply to
jeffro

AlexsMama

Different year, different problem.

on a '97, the issue is usually the tonneau motor. Either the mount is bent or the gear is stripped. Possibly the u-joint is broken.

You need to either remove the tonneau motor and straighten the bracket (if it is not too far gone) and install the Saab reenforcement kit, or replace the gear (also), or replace the motor assembly. Also, check the u-joint.

If you are up for the DIY I can give you some pointers.

Reply to
- Bob -