9-3 Power Antenna

Hi all,

1999, 9-3, manual. The power antenna is making clunky noises and it's not closing all the way. The mast seems to be straight and I don't want to put WD40 or so on it, since I live in Canada and park outside (-20C during the winter).

The question is: is it easy to get to the actual power antenna part? I looked in the trunk and it looks pretty sealed up. Or is it through the wheel well?

Schematics or diagrams would be welcome if anybody's got them!

Cheers, Ben

Reply to
Ben

Ben,

It's even easier than that. The antenna mast can be replaced from the outside. But usually the long plastic spiral gear-strip thingee that is driven by the motor will have fractured and you may need to remove the antenna to clean out the bits and pieces. If so you need to remove the trunk liner on that side and have at it.

If not you just loosen the hex nut on the outside and remove the mast and long plastic gearstrip, then feed the new one in and bolt the mast in.

Fred W