9-3 radio steering wheel controls

Hi all

I'm thinking of upgrading my stereo from the frankly weedy Saab original in my 9-3SE. I know I can get the wiring adaptor and DIN-size kit, but can I still use the steering wheel mounted controls? I'd hate to lose those.

Ta

D :-)

Reply to
Caerbannog

Here's an adaptor for some Sony head units.

I haven't come across a mounting kit yet though. I thought I was going to have to make one from scratch. Where are you getting yours from?

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

That's really useful, thanks Colin. I really don't think I'll upgrade if I can't use the wheel controls, but that looks great! The mounting kit is at Parts for Saabs:

Cheers

Daniel

Reply to
Caerbannog

Looks good, thanks. The MP3 player just got a step closer...

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Just as an aside, I have recently invested in a cheap FM modulator, so I can plug my little solid-state MP3 player in and it plays through the radio on a spare frequency. Only got it this morning, but initial results are good. Saves any mucking about with wiring, and as soon as I get an iPod I can plug that straight in! £23 English quid.

Got it from:

Dan

Reply to
Caerbannog