9-3 SE convt chime sound upon hard cornering

The subject states most of my question. The 9-3 is a '00 and the chime sound is a 'ding-dong' sort of sound. I have searched the owners manual and if it is addressed in that publication it is not obvious. Any/all enlightening responses are appreciated. Thx.

Reply to
R Gostenik

It should be accompanied by a message on the SID. I'd guess at something like a low fluid level warning.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

I get the same thing sometimes on my '04, although I don't remember it being tied to hard cornering. When it happens, I don't get any messages on the SID.

Reply to
Shane Almeida

Thank you, Colin.

There were no SID indicators, and this morning I took a brief test drive to verify. Then on the very last turn onto our property, the central warning light AND the brake warning light flickered on for about a second. I checked the brake fluid reservoir and found it low by about 1oz... topped it off and now no chime (or warning lights). I have since found the relevant reference text in the 9-3 owners manual.

Regards to all Saab pilots...

Rich Gostenik

Reply to
R Gostenik