9-5 Manufactured

Are the 9-5's sold in the US made in the US or Sweden?... Is the 9-5 built on a GM platform like some of the other some models?

Reply to
TGS

this is the pile of junk it was based on

, but Saab cut up the chassis and re-engineered it. not sure whether they are made in America.

Reply to
the.drone

Saab cars, with minor and not relevant exceptions are made in Sweden. The platform is derived from a GM platform and heavily modified by Saab for the 9-5.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

The 9-5 is assembled in Sweden for all markets, as are the 4-cyl turbo engines.

The 9-5 is based on the former Vectra generation but with significant changes such as longer wheel base, wider track and a different suspension (the latter was further improved in 2001)

Reply to
th

OG900, NG900 and OG 9-3 Convertibles were actually made in Finland.

BR:Z

Reply to
Zon

As was the last car of the 96 V4 model, you'll find a picture of it on

The factory in Nystad (Uusikaupunki) also manufactured a few 95 (not 9-5!) and the 99 model. The 99 was also manufactured in Belgium for some time.

Reply to
th

As was the 96. Some 93 (not 9-3) were assembled in Paraguay. The 9-3 convertible is manufactured by Magna Steyr in Austria (from 2003).

-- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96 '87 900T8

MH

They were? I don't remember anything about that - I know that the 97 was built in Finland, though?

I have a feeling I'm missing a book. Got one to suggest for me? Language doesn't matter much.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Not the whole production runs of these models.

Some 9000 and the whole production run of the SAAB 90 were also made in Finland.

The current convertible (based on SAAB 9-3 SS) is made in Austria.

/Bengt

Reply to
Bengt Österdahl

Assembly in Belgium from 1973-1978, I thought also 96 but I now cannot find any references, only 99.

No, AFAIK only by ASJ in Arlöv, suburb of Malmö, southern Sweden.

Sorry, it was Uruguay (I always mix those two up....) see;

"In 1964 Saab opened a factory in Uruguay. Demand was so high, that buyers tried to buy cars even before they were completely finished and tested ..."

-- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96 '87 900T8

MH

Are you really sure this guy is correct?

Reply to
th

Yes, I had heard/read it before. The ref. above is just one I found. This is his main page;

-- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96 '87 900T8

MH

Does anyone know Where is the 2000 year 9-3 convertiable is or was assembled?

Thanks, Oscar

Reply to
Oscar Johnson

All cars should say so on the plate inside the driver's door.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

"TGS" wrote in news:YoXKd.3267$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

My 2004 9-5 was made in Sweden, the engine was made in Germany, and the transmission was made in Japan. Said so on the sticker in the window when I bought it.

HTH.

Reply to
Paxton C. Sanders

It was most certainly assembled by Valmet in Finland.

/Bengt

Reply to
Bengt Österdahl