900 CLASSIC CLUTCH QUESTION - HYDRAULICS

1985 900 turbo.

Recent rebuild to the engine and new slave cylinder and clutch and release bearing fitted. Good performance no slipping.

But recently the longer the clutch is depressed the earlier it engages when the pedal is raised. It almost feels like it is losing hydraulic pressure,

It works fine except in slow traffic.,

Fluid is full in reservoir.

No leaks on the floor -

any ideas

please

Reply to
Peter Watson

Leaky internal piston seal in the master cylinder, from high pressure section to low pressure section.

Reply to
MH

Yup, that's the one.

Reply to
Grunff

In message , MH writes

I will check it out thanks

Peter

Reply to
Peter Watson

The only thing I will add is I had a similar situation that turned out to be a bent circlip that hold the push rod in place. I think what was happening is it was not allowing enough travel backwards to allow the fluid to return to the reseverior.

Jim

1987 C900S 249K
Reply to
Jim

In message , Jim writes

Thanks The master cylinder appears to be shot, and given the mileage this is hardly surprising.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Watson