900 Gas Cap

Hey! I've got a '94 900 and recently got some replacement parts from a friend with a '97 900. The parts worked perfect. I e-mailed him and asked for the gas cap. He said it's a different part number and isn't sure it will fit. Can anyone here verify this either way?

Thanks Donald

Reply to
Donald Mason

If the 90 is like the 9k, the -95 gas caps are vented and the 96+ (obdII) are sealed. You can 'use' an early one on a late one, but not a later one on an early unless you want to implode your tank.

KeithG

D> Hey! I've got a '94 900 and recently got some replacement parts from a

Reply to
KeithG

Thanks, KeithG! They very well could be the same. The bit of mine that's left is indeed vented. Thanks for saving me from a mistake.

Donald

Reply to
Donald Mason