900 Turbo Water pump

My engine started making noises a couple of weeks ago and this week was louder. Sounded like bearings in the alternator or similar. With water leaking now I assume the worst with the water pump. Does anyone know what the cost to have a mechanic repair it might run? Thanks to all that respond.

Reply to
Bob from Boston

Call either Charles River Saab (costly but knowledgeable) or Ellis Imports (Not as costly but knowledgeable). Both are good choices.

The problem is that the pump is at the back of the engine under a whole lot of crap (at least on the older Saabs). It is the time required to get to the pump that is the killer, as the pumps are usually $75-125.

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Brown

P.S. when you say Boston, I am assuming Massachusetts.

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Brown

What model year, what engine?

Reply to
still me

I had similiar problem with my 1985 when i first bought it. the car would squeel sputter and stall. (i thought it was power steering but found out water pump was culprit) finaly the water pump froze up on it and it wouldn't run. I don't remember how much it was to fix but it wasn't to bad. I had a whole laundry list of other things repaired at the same time. good luck.

rod

Reply to
Rod

Mine went last year (1991 - 16V 900T). Supply & fit new one was GBP 85 - NOT done by SAAB dealer but by local garage. Hope that helps.

Reply to
sb