9000 (1997, 2.0 LPT) Radio removal

Hi,

Can anyone please point me to the tool that is need to remove the radio from the above car.

The radio is like so:

is the original cassette radio fitted in UK cars.

There is a key shown here:

row, 2nd item). There is a small diamond like notch at the front of the key ... is this roughly what I am looking for? ===== The story is the dealer removed the radio for something else and now it does not work. Great! I either have to drive 140 miles or check if there is a bad contact.

:-) Thanks Charles

Reply to
Charles C.

Hi Charles, I have a 900 SE cabrio and my radio can be removed with the use of 2 U turned pins that fits in 2 hole's. 1 on the left and one on the right side. On the pictures I can not see how the radio's sides are. If there are on both sides 2 hole's you need the pin construction. Hope this helps you a litle.

Pieter

"Charles C." schreef in bericht news:42d153a9$0$7911$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk...

Reply to
Planet

It has two holes in total. One on the top left and one on the rop right. I know the pin you mean. Are you saying your radio has two or four holes in total.

Thanks Charles

Reply to
Charles C.

My radio has 2 hole's left and 2 right. I need to see some close up to understand what you write with so much pins that are availeble.

Pieter

"Charles C." schreef >> Hi Charles,

Reply to
Planet

If the hole's are round it looks to me you need these pins.

770009 - Delco / Fiat / Saab / Peugeot 406 (Set of two) You can try it with a set of 2 long and verry small long (15 cm) screw drivers that fits the holes. Bring them in flat and than twist them in the vertical position. The screw drivers must be inside just past the point of a litle (dont know the word for it) but use it as a key. Than, with a litle luck, you can remove the radio but leave the pins in it for unlocking. If it doesnt work order the original set per mail at a radio shop or car shop. I went to a Fiat Garage to get the right pins and the costed me 2,50 euro.

Pieter "Charles C." schreef >> Hi Charles,

Reply to
Planet

Before we start: I've not removed the radio on my '97 900 but would probably have posted a similar question in the near future (I need to get into the SID to see if I can revive the dead rows and columns on the display) so the following may or may not be useful...

Looking for the tools on this side of the pond I find a couple of mail-order houses whose sites show good closeups of the tool. Interestingly, the tools shown appear to have different designs at the end; the first has what is probably a locking ring cut into it (this would be consistent with another poster's comment about the tool locking into the latch so that it can be used as a handle); the other seems to be formed like a screwdriver blade with no sholder (how would it lock into place?).

Anyway, the closeups may help resolve some of the uncertainty over just what tool is being represented as appropriate.

Having said that...a Google search turned up an entry from a UK SAAB discussion in which a poster says he used a nail instead of the official removal tool "per another person's post here" -- but the search tool for the site is broken. You might want to see if this is useful for you...

Good luck!

Joe Morris

Reply to
Joe Morris

Hi Joe, The best way is always the original tool. But if that is not at hand: it is posible with a set of screw drivers that are used in the ICT . Those are longer and smaller. At the end of the hole's, on this particular radio, you can try to doe it by move the blade 25% from horizontal to verticar. Than you can open de locs on both hole's and remove the radio with sommething you use to lift on the radio side. Alway do it gently and soft to do no harm on the radio. There is always an option. Go to the nearest garage and ask them to remove the radio. For a few bucks they will help you and even give you the keys to do it.

But the best way is the original. Pieter

"Joe Morris" schreef >

Reply to
Planet