9000 (1997, 2.0 LPT) Radio Removed

Hi,

Following from my previous post I have managed to remove the radio. Before I start some real work (too hot here) if anyone has one of them

you please tell what is on the removable fascia. There is a cut out at the top of the fascia (which is used to hold it in place). Is there an electrical contact where the cutout is or a white plastic/rubbery material (or have I got something stuck inside the notch?

TIA Charles

Reply to
Charles C.

Too damded hot here too Charles !

Sorry I can't help with your question by maybe you can help me ?

Is that the 'exact same' stereo as fitted to your 9000 ?

I've just acquired a 'new' 9000 and have that stereo fitted ( going by the look of it ). Unfortunately the handbook refers to another unit. Most of it is pretty simple to fathom but I can't figure out how to tune a radio station properly. I can get it to auto-seek but can't seemingly capture many of the stations I want.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Yo,

Cooler in Scotland this morning :-)

My stereo is exactly like what you see on the photo above! If that is the one you got email me by removing the _removeme_ from my email address. I can copy you the relevant pages from the manual and post them to you. I never bothered with preseting radio stations as I rarely use the radio (I prefer listening to the engine).

If it helps at all.

Regards Charles

Reply to
Charles C.

On second thoughts ... if you have that exact same stereo as on the URL above you can help me :-D ... since no one else seems to have the same system.

Reply to
Charles C.

It does indeed seem that we have the same stereo. The CD player that I have below looks like it has standard DIN removal tool holes but the single holes on the cassette / radio are new to me too.

I got what looks like a stereo removal tool with the info back that came with the car but it doesn't look like the right part to me.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear