9000 cs turbo: heat around car

didn't mate sorry, haven't been out and about much at all what with petrol petrol prices ATM, have been trying to save as much as possible. Managing about 29MPG, 27 if I have the window open more, and use 3rd gear.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

in article snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, MeatballTurbo at snipped-for-privacy@bouncing-czechs.com wrote on 21/06/2004 10:56:

Ah! I just asked because there was a guy there in a metallic 1985 T16S (red interior) who seemed pretty absorbed with the Malbrad stand. I thought it might be you, so I kept wanting to introduce myself but ever time I was going to, he got talking to someone else. ... Oh, and we left quite early :)

Another time then ... Retro Cars day?

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

I think he was at the trackday at Elvington, I saw my cars twin there anyway.

I'm hoping. it was a definate for the fuel rises, now it is justa possible. Hopefully I'm heading over the Angelsey for the Saabscene trackday to spectate there. Bit close to home than Santa Pod.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

in article snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, MeatballTurbo at snipped-for-privacy@bouncing-czechs.com wrote on 22/06/2004 15:15:

Ah! I've seen a lot of the Elvington pictures and possibly one of that guy and the car - that must be why I thought I recognised his face. I was of the impression that you're more my age (30s), so a little hesitant that this guy was you ... Seemingly not :)

I'm not going to Anglesey and only might go to Santa Pod. Mark Powell (MarkP on Saab Central) might well organise another Northern meet soon, but that's probably Sheffield way again.

Laters,

Paul

Reply to
Paul Halliday

Might try to make it over, but it gets so bloody pricey. The run over to Elvington and back took a weeks normal petrol.

Petrol was 74-76p as litre before the fuel rise/oil shortage, topped out at 82p a litre, is back down to 78-79 ish a litre. One of the robbing gits round our way had it at 90p a litre, for regular premium unleaded (95ron) Stopped looking at super when it went past 88p.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

In article , snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

Year, 35. Seems there is a couple like mine. Watched Sexlives of the Potatomen last night. Can't believe it. there is flat front 900 Turbo with Aero kit/wheels and decor panel in one shot of some cars parked up. Couldn't make out the reg, but how often do you see them. I've only seen two others, a B reg like mine going the opposite way up the M62 in crawling traffic (only noticed it as it was along side, so only got a mirror shot of it) and the C reg that was at Elvington.

Can't believe it. I've missed Retro Cars. I was certain it was after Anglesey. Had it flagged up with a reminder in my todo list, and went to check email after a lie in, and there it was. Gutted. Don't even get to try and make it as it is 11.30AM, and at least a 3 hour drive there and back.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo