9000 CSE central locking failure

Hi, my 92 central lock does not work anymore, it only opens and closes the drives door using the key and the other door locks do not respond, Where shall I start to look, the fuse is ok.

Thanks, Arjan

Reply to
Arjan

Based on my experience with a 1995 9000CS, the central locking system has a mind of its own and can come and go for no rhyme or reason. A few things to try: Put the keyfob near the keyhole on the drivers side. Click it locked/unlocked rapidly 5 times. (It says to do this in the owners manual). If that doesn't do it, try using the key to lock/unlock several times. If neither of these work, wait awhile and it may start working again when you least expect it. Mine does, anyway. Sometimes it won't lock until the car is in gear and moving. I've just learned to live with it. If you do find a cheap repair, let me know. How old is the car battery? You may want to have that checked. Mine has been much better behaved since I put a new battery in the car.

snipped-for-privacy@madmousergraphics.com

design, print design, photography

Reply to
LauraK

My 93' 9000 CSE doesn't have keyfob; only the key. A couple of years ago, the rear door central locking slowed down and I was thinking of what to do. The dealer said it would be complicated to fix and recommended to leave it until it got worse. However, by exercising the central locking as you described the problem cured itself. Also remember to grease to door hinges, and the boot/bonnet hinges while you're at it. I was surprised to discover that no hinges had been greased after a main dealer service!

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen