9000CSET, death of a clutch

On the way home my clutch died. I shifted into 1st and the clutch pedal didn't return. I had a 88 9000S that did the same. What a sinking feeling (literally). Déjà vu all over again. Fortunately I was able to pull over and park. Since I couldn't get it out of gear I had to stall the engine. I was able to pull up the pedal with my hand and got enough pressure to crawl home in 2nd. My mechanic told me to replace it last year but cheap me had to squeeze every last mile out of it (165,106 to be exact). Last year it was $800. USD; this year it's $1100. So much for economy. If your clutch has over 125k mi. and it's grabbing a bit high it's time to think about a preemptive strike. In the 9000 you get very little notice of impending failure. And let me take this opportunity to recommend Roland, Swedish Saab,

904 Pacific St, Brooklyn. 718 622-3838. Scrupulously honest, very knowledgeable and highly competent. Clearly not part of the Bush administration.
Reply to
Dan RatherNot

Let's keep this auto group free from political topics. It has ruined other groups. Thank you.

Reply to
ma_twain

Please let's not get too paranoid about what was clearly meant humorous, although you're quite right about that ruining part.

Reply to
Zweef®

Humorous maybe, but it's always distracting at best. It's also disillusioning when you find out that someone who seems otherwise rational has disturbingly different and unexplainable political views.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I happen to agree with the 'humorous' OP. That means I disagree with you (Dave).

sigh...

-- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96 '87 900T8

Reply to
MH

I didn't say it wasn't funny...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Dan, i'd rather not......

Reply to
Zweef®

By your first statment "Let's keep this auto group free from political topics. It has ruined other groups.", You started just what you were trying to advoid.

Reply to
tim

I don't agree with your statement, and I agree with his.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

He just might be right. If no one even responded in any form, it might have died due to lack of interest.

However, I fear for this group with the way GM is killing the Saab brand. Or this group may survive as the "Classic Saab Group". We are seeing the "Saaburus" and an SUV rebadged as a Saab. Saab may exist in name only soon.

Reply to
ma_twain

Have you noticed that of all the people that post here, even recent arrivals, there at C900, NG900, 9K of all models, C9-3, 9-3 Cabrio and SS, but I've yet to hear from a 9-2x owner post here.

Sure, a few regs have test driven them while their cars where in for service etc, but noboby has actually bought one on here.

Wonder how many they have actually sold in the US?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo