9000CSET - front windows blown fuse

The fuse on the front windows blew. After replacement they work but it'll probably happen again since a blown fuse indicates extra stress on the motor. Would cleaning & lubricating the motor or other parts help? I remember getting the door panel off my 87 9000 was a real pain. Is there a trick to getting them on and off easily? Thanks.

Reply to
Hang Bush the War Criminal

I don't see that follows as day follows night, not in my experience anyway. The fuse once blew on my 1993 9000 CSE, and I replaced it. But that was years ago. Just replace the fuse and make sure the pins are clean and conducting. Generic car fuses are often held in storage for many years as the design hasn't changed; the pins may be oxidized.

Reply to
johannes

It is possible that the windows have not been operated for a long while and had to overcome some initial resistance. Just replace fuse and carry on.

Reply to
johannes

I'm not sure where I got this but... Takes about 2 minutes to remove.

Frank /~

@/

Door Panel Removal STEP 1 Remove light in door by removing screw with T10 Torx tool. Slide light assembly out and remove wires. STEP 2 Remove screw in hole where the light is mounted with T25 Torx tool. (This one is kind of hidden behind insulation material) STEP 3 Remove oval panel under door handle. Pry gently (from the front to the rear) and it will pop out. STEP 4 Remove screw holding plastic trim around door handle with T25 Torx. After screw is removed, the trim piece can then be taken off. STEP 5 Remove round plug in top and bottom of door pull handle. (Pry them to get them started then slide them out) STEP 6 Remove both screws from top and bottom with T25 Torx. (Don't try to pull the handle off.) STEP 7 Remove the covers on the bolt heads on either side of the door pocket. STEP 8 Remove the uncovered bolts with T25 Torx. STEP 9 Pop the bottom of the door panel off pulling it towards you. There are white nylon inserts that hold it to the door frame.. STEP 10 Raise the door panel up to loosen it from the top window sill. STEP 11 The door panel should be free at this point.

Reply to
Frank Vuotto