'91 900S: adjusting E-brake

Just bought this car and the emergency brake is totally loose. It engages a little when it's pulled back fully, but it won't pass the safety inspection. How do I tighten it?

Reply to
commercial_d

The handbrake is self adjusting. Assuming the car has a pair of functioing rear brake calipers, keep pulling and releasing the hand brake will eventually tighten it up to allow parking brake.

I suspect something is not right with the hand brake on your car. When you pull the hand brake. The cable turns a screw on each rear caliper to advance the pads to squeeze the rear disc.

Reply to
yaofeng

Remove the console, or alternatively look carefully in the brushes for the seatbelts...

Tighten these

SmaartAasSaabr