'92 900 (non-Turbo) Dramatic Weekend

Well, the car has 380km, but besides a leaky front seal, it is surprisingly reliable. This weekend however was exceptional. On Friday I discovered I couldn't open the driver's door. I climbed in from the passenger side, and found the button to be completely frozen. I haven't tried to force it, and the central locking seems to be completely disabled. I plan to pull the doorskin tomorrow (involves seat removal). Any advice on what to do when I get in there?

II. On the way home I suddenly noticed a big cloud behind me. I pulled off and discovered that the p/s reservoir was empty, and of course the steering was hard. I drove about 5km to a gas station and bought some ATF, filled the reservoir, and then drove another 10km home. I haven't done a thorough inspection, but the only fluid I see is around the fitting on the pump where the smaller metal pipe goes in. This fitting looks intact and it doesn't seem like such a dramatic leak could suddenly spring from there. I haven't checked the rack, but I'm thinking more pump, since the fluid was getting onto the exhaust system in a BIG way. Sorry I am not providing more details. Again, anything special I should look for? How difficult is pump replacement?

Robobass

Reply to
robanzellotti