92 9000 cd turbo, idle speed problem

Hi, the start well when I keep the gas pedal to the floor and then I have to unpress the pedal and keep a little pressure with my feet on it to maintain the motor running. As soon as I remove my feet from the gas pedal the motor die. Anybody know what I should troubleshoot to nail that problem?

One warning light is always lite when I start the car and it is the TCS CTLR light. I don't know if a TCS problem could cause this kind of behavior.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Mario Lachance

Reply to
Mario Lachance

Mario, It is most probably the Idle Air Control (IAC) valve. Have you heard a loud "tick" under the bonnet recently?

I posted on this subject back in October 2003.

Search as follows in Google Groups

as follows : Newsgroup: alt.autos.saab Subject : Saab 9000 rough idling when hot Author: SAABurger

Leave all other fields at their default values.

You should get 1 result - my post.

My advice now is the same as then.

Adrian

Reply to