'93 9000 CS

My car has an outline "pictogram"? on the dashboard. Normally it only lights up when a door opens, but recently it's been lighting up and showing two red lights at the back every time I brake...

I thought it might mean a brake bulb was out, but they look OK. Any ideas? Bad earth / ground / wire???

TIA

Reply to
Nasty Bob

Cheers Johannes - I'll check that out as soon as it stops raining, whenever that may be...

3 days in a row so far! :(

Oxidation around the brake bulb socket or the bulb doesn't fit properly in its socket.

'93 9000 CS.........................E!

Reply to
Nasty Bob

Oxidation around the brake bulb socket or the bulb doesn't fit properly in its socket.

'93 9000 CS.........................E!

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

If both your brake lights are working, Check the third brake light, there are four or five bulbs, if some of them are not lit then that can change the resistance and light up your pictogram.

Reply to
Jean Paul

Could be high resistance ground, could be corrosion, or could be the bulbs themselves. The 9000 seems to be very sensitive to the resistance of the bulb filaments. I had to buy about 6 lamps and try various combinations of pairs before I found a "matching" set of tail lights that kept the "pictogram" happy.

Reply to
Fritz001k

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions - I've got plenty of things to try this weekend!

Cheers

Reply to
Nasty Bob