'93 9000 CSE Airco with a mind of its own

Hi there, like I said, the airco does not switch on when I lower the temperature will driving. But it works when het car is allready hot inside due to the sun, right from when I start it.

Any thoughts?

Tx in advance, Arjan

Reply to
Arjan Grobben

ACC temp sensor/fan in the dash is bad?

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

You know how I can check it?

Arjan

' "Fred W." schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com...

Reply to
Arjan Grobben

First listen to it. Often the problem is just that the little fan inside is not running or is running too slowly.

Next pull the little grille off the front and look for fuzz balls an d lint build up that might be blocking the airflow into the sensor. The sensor is a little diode looking thing mounted on a circuit card near the front of the unit. Be careful poking around there as it is fairly faragile and can break right off. (don't ask how I know).

There is also a way to run an automatic test of the ACC system. Press and hold down the vent and auto buttons simultaneously. You'll see it go through a bunch of gyrations and will output error codes if there are any problems.

More info here:

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.