94 9000 Turbo Clutch Problem

My clutch had been working fine with no symptoms until it failed yesterday. Pushed to the floor - had to pull it back manually - drove on as the clutch continued to operate normally for many shifts until it pushed to the floor again and had to be pulled back - worked again for awhile -- until it did it again. Fourth time around it stopped returning on its own altogether. Had to drive it some distance, shifting without the clutch. Since it still pushes down to the floor (you can pull it up and push it back down again) with the usual pressure, would that rule out a seal failure or compromise of the tube between the master and slave cylinders? I don't have the car here now, so I can't check for fluid underneath, but my garage floor is dry so it couldn't have been a gradual leak anyway. Any thoughts on this, or ideas for a happier ending than the major expense of a clutch replacement?

Reply to
echo888x

Check your clutch hydraulic line flex hose joint to the hard line. It is in the engine compartment. I suspect it is leaking slightly.

Reply to
yaofeng

Probably a master cylinder internal leak. The seal probably has a leak and it leaks pressure back to the reservoir. Hope it is not the slave, but that would have a puddle on the ground. The master is under the dash on the pedal arm.

KeithG

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
KeithG