95 9000CS Air Conditioner Question

I bought a 95 9000CS last February and the air conditioner worked great. Now that it's gotten really hot out the A/C isn't blowing very cold air. I'm thinking that it's time for it to be charged. It does blow colder in the morning when the air is cooler.

Since this is my first Saab is there anything I need to know or have looked at before I have them charge it - could it be something other than a simple charge?

I'm an ex-Volvo owner and it seems like the Swedish cars just don't have much in the way of A/C.

Reply to
csonsini

I used to think the same way you do when I only had Volvo's. SAAB changed my perception. The 9k's I own/owned (currently have 3 9k's) all bolw cold air, all r134a. Have it checked.

Reply to
yaofeng

It depends how hot it is out your ac will not seem as cool if its 92 out, but that does not mean its not working right. ac works on outside temp the hotter it is the less cold it seems. sounds normal to me good luck papa

Reply to
PAPAGENE4JACK

Get your local A/C man to come and have a look at it. They're not as expensive as you might think. My guy came out & checked over the system for nothing.

Reply to
Nasty Bob