96 saab : when to replace alternator

Hi,

I am a complete novice when it comes to auto knowledge. I am looking to buy a used 96 saab convertible, which have had 2 owners before. The car has its alternator, belt and battery replaced recently. Is it normal for a 96 saab to have all those parts replaced? I would really appreciate your responses.

thanks

Chai.

Reply to
chai99

Well, a bad alternator could kill a battery, and belts are silly not to do when you're doing an alternator, so yeah, it's definately plausible. I can't say that I've seen many reports of alternator problems, so it's not a frequent thing or anything, but it's not alarming at all. And if the battery was 7 years old or so, it was due to be replaced anyway, so you're ahead of the game.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I have a 1992 saab conv that I bought new. The alternator is original and I have 127k. But I did replace belts at least twice. once at about 60k and again at about 120k. So I also think you are ahead of the game Good luck papa

Reply to
PAPAGENE4JACK