99 Turbo questions

For a project I'm working on I'm trying to find out if the Saab 99 and/or 900's with the 8V B motor was ever turbocharged, and if there were any versions of that engine that had a double roller timing chain. I've been all over the web and got nothing, while the Haynes manual was useful to some degree, but it didn't state which cars and years got what. Thanks!

Reply to
carl mciver

Yes, the 99 Turbo was introduced in 1977. 8-valve B engine, single roller timing chain but I'm curious why that would matter?

What project are you trying to do?

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

The B engine actually had double chains -- unlike the later 'H' engines.

Reply to
john

My mistake. Yes, the sprocket has two sets of teeth on it, and the chain is double-wide. But it's one chain, not two. Terminology problems I think?

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Yes, a Duplex chain.