A lot of pictures of the new Chinese Saab's

The shut-lines on the trunk of the blue vehicle is disgusting. These things are a travesty to the brand.

Reply to
Tropidechis

Tropidechis gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Why? Personally, I don't think the BAIC brand will suffer overly from it.

Reply to
Adrian

I didn't mention BAIC, and the OP was talking about SAAB so clearly I was referring to SAAB as the brand. Notwithstanding that, I am sure that the good people at BAIC are hoping that their new cars will appeal to the discriminating tastes of the Chinese automobile consumer.

Reply to
Tropidechis

Tropidechis gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Since the pics are of the forthcoming BAIC C60 and C71, not of a Saab...

I did wonder about that, but I thought "No, I'm sure he can't be being that daft - it'd be a bloody silly thing to suggest since those cars aren't branded as Saabs and they're not being sold outside China..."

Sorry for crediting you with unwarranted intelligence. I won't do it again.

Reply to
Adrian

Am 24.04.2010 10:03, schrieb Adrian:

I am curious about the quality they deliver after the exhibition. Where do they get all the parts which were delivered to Saab by american and european suppliers. And one of the main questions is, are they willing and able to produce spareparts for the Saab model recently sold ?

Maybe they will build a Saab for the european market, that follow the taste .... :-)

Greetings Axel

Reply to
Axel Schaefer

Not really significant, it's an early demonstrator production. This has happened also to more posh brands.

Reply to
johannes

They better... all the panel gaps appear too large and very uneven.

Reply to
me

You are doing a creditable job of indicating that are not just a pedant, but also a f****it. There is always one in every newsgroup. Thanks for identifying yourself early.

Reply to
Tropidechis

Tropidechis gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I'm not the one suggesting some pre-production Chinese cars, to be built in China, sold on the Chinese market only, under a Chinese brand, will somehow have any effect whatsoever on the Saab brand.

Reply to
Adrian

The Saab parts bin is just to get started. Soon the cars will be completely unrecognisable as Saabs.

Reply to
Johannes Andersen

Excellent!

Reply to