ABS warning light on

I have a 97 Saab 9000 auto. Over the last few weeks the ABS warning light has come on intermittently, and every now and then the ABS kicks in unnecessarily. The manual says that the brakes will operate normally, but the ABS will not function correctly, and I've driven this was perfectly happily for a couple of weeks. I live in the south of England and driving conditions are seldom extreme, and the car is not worth much so I'm reluctant to spend a lot of money on it. The pads and discs are fine. BUT, I have young kids and I don't want to put them in danger (or myself or other road users). Of course I will get it looked at when I can, but is it irresponsible to use it in the meantime? Any opinions on this would be very gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Jez

Reply to
Jez