Adjust idling speed 1999 93 2.0i ???

Hi, My saab is idling at 1100 revs. It's a manual 2.0 1999 93. How can I reduce this idling speed.

What do I need to adjust and where can I find it.

thanks in advance Timmy

Reply to
timmy

It's buried in the electronic code inside the ECU. You can't change it.

Reply to
Fred W

Hi, If I can't change it does everybodys saab idle at 1100 revs? Can they change it in a saab dealership? or is it worth the hastle?

thanks

Fred W wrote:

Reply to
timmy

pretty much, especially if you have the AC on. I have a 2000 9-3 and it idles right around 1000rpm mark. Have never checked it for exact revs

Reply to
why, me

If it really is idling too fast (I think it should be 900RPM for Motronic cars) then something needs fixing, rather than adjusting. It could be down to various things. Maybe a small air leak somewhere on the inlet side, or a duff idle air valve or temperature sensor etc. Then again, the idle speed might be spot-on, but the rev-counter is duff.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

I suspect the idle air control needs cleaning. At least that's a place to start once you've done a basic tune, cleaned the TB, checked the hoses for leaks. FYI - the hose to the BPV tends to dry out and crack.

If you are a DIY guy I can find a link to point you at.

Reply to
- Bob -

Yes it is, but you can always change it. It's probably something else causing the change in idle speed, which should be 900 rpm.

Reply to
DervMan

So, DervMan, tell us. How *do* you change the idle speed? Are you talking about reprogramming the ECU?

It is definitely something else causing the high idle.

Reply to
Fred W

You replace the current map within the ECU for another... it isn't rocket science.

Nor would it be sensible or prudent without a set of some sort of wild cams, but I'm merely saying, it isn't impossible.

Probably. It might not be a high idle but a duff instrument.

Reply to
DervMan