After Changing Thermostat Temp Gauge Doesn't Work ('89 900)

There is a black 'quick-connect' type wire that became disconnected when I was changing the thermostat and now the temp gauge does not work. I have yet to locate any connection point to where this wire should connect to. Is this a ground wire? If any of you can help me out I'd be greatly appreciative. Thanks

Reply to
mark

It should connect to the temp sending unit

Looks like this:

Fred W

Reply to
mark

Just under or near to the thermostat housing will be the actual temperature gauge sensor which is just a simple one-wire device that has a flat-head pin onto which a male spade-lug connects to provide the signal back to the temp gauge on the dash.

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site