Air conditioner

Hi,

I have a 1999 Saab 9-3 and the A/C doesnt seem like it is as cool as it should be. The air pressure seems fine. Also, 1/2 of the speedometer is more dim than the other half....is this a simple bulb replacement? how much do these things cost to fix?

Thanks!

Brittany

Reply to
brittany.achin

Have you tried running it with air recirculation running?

Have you pushed the "Night Panel" mode?

Reply to
DervMan

I have run it with Air recirculation and the night panel is not on. Someone suggested an A/C recharge, would that work?

DervMan wrote:

Reply to
britta

It's probably a bulb change, then.

It should. Have you used the system over the winter?

Reply to
DervMan

Reply to
britta

Yes - otherwise the seals dry up. If you've not run the system for a while you may have a leak, which would need to be checked and fixed, otherwise it'll leak fluid and not work...

You could try getting it regassed, if it's working a little then you might be lucky. Regassing costs vary from £50 upwards (as I understand)...

Reply to
DervMan

It runs every time you use the defroster in the Winter unless you go out of your way to stop it.

If it needs a charge, it has a leak which should probably be repaired. However, if the leak is small enough, you might get away with it for a while... then need another charge. A good A/C man will evacuate it and recharge.. then check for leaks with an electronic detector. If it leaks, he can quote the repairs.

The bulb replacement is going to aggravate you. It is about a four hour job to remove the instrument cluster and replace the bulb (Not exactly one of Saab's engineers finer moments). You can DIY - the tools are simple but the job is annoying.

Reply to
- Bob -