AIRCON PROBLEMS FUSE

I have a 1985 classic 900 - the a/c functions but when I press the recirc switch the a/c fuse blows. This is a new problem as the recirc functioned before. Has anyone ever had a similar problem? thanks Peter

Reply to
Peter Watson

You'd need to check the wiring schematics and see what the recirc switch connects too - my understanding is that in the 1985+ (maybe 84+) 900's there's a small solenoid device that's associated with the recirc function and it's located in the space above the right hand side wheel well near where the vacuum tank sits. I think it's got an electrical connection and three vacuum line connections. My 1985 900i has one of them but I haven't looked at that car's engine bay for a while.

Maybe that's shorting when activated, or has a fault that overloads the circuit.

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site