Alternator Replacement, C900 Turbo, 1985

I've gotten the alternator most of the way out... trying to get the last piece. I was checking on saabsite for directions, and it says I need to remove a 6mm bolt near the waterpump, which I did. The alternator itself is still hanging on the long 17mm bolt that supports it from the bottom. However, it's still not coming out. Anyone have any ideas of what I might be missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

-Larry

Reply to
LC

From my understanding of alternator mounting (with my Saab's 8V engine), there should be two fixing points for the alternator - one being a fixed but rotatable mount and the other being a fully-movable mount which allows the belt tension to be set correctly.

I'm taking the alterator out of my 1983 900S soon to replace it with a rebuilt unit and install one of Group-9's external voltage regulator kits into the replacement alternator at the same time.

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site