antenna problem

I have a new used 9000 (1997) and I've noticed an odd problem with the antenna. I hear it going down, but it doesn't go down all the way. I also think it doesn't go down to the same height consistently. Any ideas on a quick, cheap fix?

Reply to
Jack McCullough

The antenna should be oiled once a while. Or it might be slightly bent. Then try to straighten it; you might just get away with it. It happened to my 9000, At first I assumed it was vandalism, but then I found that I had probably encountered some air conditioning pipes in a basement company car park. Very annoying since it is difficult to appreciate how the box section pipes reduces the available height.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Mine failed similarly and when I opened it, I found a small plastic strip that's driven by a cog wheel and motor. Mine was missing a few teeth on the strip. Replacing the strip got it working again until the control relay failed.

I was able to replace the strip becuase I happened across someone on the `net who lived a short distance from the factory in Austria.

Reply to
Everett M. Greene