are the 'aluminium' dash styling kits actually met, or just plastic?

Hi everyone.

Most of you know about places that make replacement dash styling kits which replacing the sad, tired plastic dash surround with something that looks much better. I've noticed that along with the wood-effect and plain coloured plastic ones, there are also some which are 'aluminium'.

What I want to know is are these really made from aluminium, or are just they another variant of the 'wood effect' and really made from plastic like all the others? 8-)

Does anyone actually make dash styling kits for RHD C900's that really are metal? Stainless steel would look awesome, as would blue-anodised aluminium (but I'd be worried that anodising would come off and/or fade over time).

These things probably do still exist for LHD C900's given that the US market is massive and aftermarket accessories exist for just about every possible make/model of car ever sold in the US. Those of us with RHD C900's seem to have less of a choice.

The one place I contacted (Prewoodec in Germany) told me their RHD C900 dash styling kits which are specified as fitting 1987 to 1993 C900's won't be usable in earlier C900's. I don't see why not since the dash shape/design/size never changed as far as I know but I could be wrong. Perhaps the 1987+ C900's had a changed dash design but it was just something subtle but enough to make accessories for 1987+ C900 dashes not fit dashes on the earlier year models...

Opinions?

Thanks,

Craig.

Reply to