Auto rain-sensor wipers on '02 9-5 Aero

I finally put a new windshield on my 9-5 Aero -- the original had several cracks in it, including one that happened at 25mph, when the car was a month old. Grr.

Anyway. It doesn't rain all that often here, so I don't use the wipers very often. I'm fairly certain the rain-sensors were working OK before the new windshield went in, but now they don't. The wipers just run twice every 8 seconds, like clockwork, rain or shine.

Any idea how I could fix this?

While I'm at it, is there any way to order OEM Saab wiper blades? I still have the wiper assemblies, I just want the rubber squeegee part. Those were the best wipers I ever had: never squeaked or chattered, never streaked, and lasted over 3 years in the Colorado sun. I ordered some new wipers at the Saab dealer and they just gave me basic Anco junk.

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Gary Fritz

Gary,

I have a "brand new" 2001 9-5 Aero 5-speed. I don't think it has the automatic rain sensing wipers, maybe it does?

Anyway, one way to go is just stop by Wally World and get the $2.44 each wipers. At that price they don't have to last 3 years!

I find even good wipers don't last here in Colorado so I've decided on cheap ones. You can even carry spairs in the trunk.

BTW, do you belong to the Rocky Mountain SAAB Club?

Charles

Gary Fritz wrote:

Reply to
Charles

Looking at my post, I seem to have made a (clever?) mistake, "spairs" instead of "spares"! Well, there are two.

Charles

Reply to
Charles

Nope, I just drive the things. :-) (I've owned only Saabs since 1988:

1986 900T, 1988 9000T, 1989 900, and 2002 9-5 Aero wagon.) Those guys look pretty hardcore, but I'm not the fix-up-old-cars type.
Reply to
Gary Fritz