Auto Tans Shift Problem on 95 9000 CDE

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to cure the shifting problem. The shift from third to fourth is delayed and sometimes will not occur until I run up to 65mph and let off the accelerator. Then when the vehicle slows to under 50 the trans downshifts.

Reply to
ebee1

It's not getting or reading the right info to shift. Have it gone over by an authorized SAAB dealer tech for codes and try a new filter if there isn't anything else evidently wrong with the sensors, clutch bands or valves (there are a lot of all these items involved in the shifting trigger).

Depending - it may be cheaper to get a rebuilt replacement than to fix it. I have an 89 9000 automatic tranny in great shape in the basement - but it doesn't cross over.

Hope it's just a loose wire or vacuum leak somewhere - try not to let it go too long or you may bust up other tranny components if it is just something not reading right.

Reply to
Dexter J