Avoiding Battery discharge

My fog lights operate only when the light switch is in the head lights on position and the fog light dash button depressed.When this is on, I have no headlights

What is irksome is that this configuration does not allow the lights to be tuned off (as would the head lights)and I have inadvertantly run down the battery as a result.

Is this normal? Can it be easily altered so that the fogs too would not operate with the key off?

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Mason