battery goes dead

I have a 1988 Saab 900S. If I don't drive it for a few days the battery goes dead. I had to mechanics look at it , and they could not find any problems. I am just wondering if it might be the rectifiers and the alternator . that may be shorted? How can I check this out? I appreciate any help in advance.

Reply to
dill

Not likely. What you want to do is a battery drain test. This is where you shut down the car, disconnect one of the terminal from the battery and complete the circuit with an ammeter. There should be very little trickle flow from the battery with everything off. There are specs for each car depending on equipment.

If the flow is too large you just start pulling fuses while watching the meter to identify which circuit is at fault and isolate the offending item.

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.