Best Price on Brakes for 9000

Hi all,

Quick question for all of you.

I have a '94 9K cse that needs new brakes. I'd like to put slotted/crossdrilled rotors on it, but would like to get the opinions of those that have them. Who has the best and lowest prices and what Pads did you use as well?

I don't have a lot to throw at this, but most economical is better.

Has anyone used the City Pro Premium pads?

Thanks

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Well Craig, it all depends where the hell you are located.

But I would not put slotted or cross drilled rotors on any car, let alone a 9k. It's a dumb fad. Doesn't accomplish a damn thing, contrary the opinion of all the drifters and rice boys, and you pay extra for it. It can cause problems with the disks and *will* wear out any pads you opt to use faster.

Oh, and I have never heard of "City Pro" brand of brake pads, which I think says they are probably not all that special.

Here' my recco: Zimmerman (non-drilled) or Brembo disks and PBR deluxe pads from eEuroparts.com If you are really tough and aggressive on your brakes, use the PBR ceramic pads. Very good feel, very low dust. I have 1st hand experience with all of these and you will not find anything better.

You'll thank me

Reply to
Fred W

Chinese knock-offs ?