Better than Haynes manual?

Anyone know where I can source a manual (1992 9000 2.3 Carlsson) that is better than the Haynes one?

Cheers

Paul BJ

Reply to
Paul Brownjohn

Almost *anything* would be better than Haynes !

But sorry, no I don't. Do tell if you find one.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

They aren't great, but I think most people would agree that a Haynes is far, far better than no manual at all.

By the way, the Haynes museum is one of the finest automotive museums in the world - certainly worth a visit if you're ever passing.

Reply to
Grunff

The Haynes manual is of for mechanical jobs, but appalling for anything electrical. Saab themselves did produce a set of paper based manuals for the

9000, and the electrical section is very good and easy to understand

Chris

Reply to
chrisnew

The Haynes manual sure beats the Chiltons crap, at least for Volvo and a few Fords where I've had access to both manuals.

Reply to
James Sweet

Can't say I've come across Chiltons.

In my early motoring days when I *had* to do much repair / maintenance myself there were a few publishers of manuals.

Without fail, *all* I came across were more informative, better organised and had better illustrations than any Haynes.

I especially * hate* Haynes for their gloomy 'shades of black' pics that rarely actually appear to picture whatever the text is talking about, are efffectively unusable and never seem to appear on the same page as the text either.

I think they've lost it. 30 yrs ago I *did* rebuild engines. Who's going to do that now ? You get a recon or salvage unit.

They should concentrate on the annoying little things that go wrong that you don't want to pay loads to get someone else to fix.

For example, I had a problem concerning the removal of the radiator on my 9000. Haynes helpfully said in about one sentence something to the effect of ' fitment varies according to specification and engine size - work it out for yourself '. Thanks a lot.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I'm of the opposite opinion here; the electrical diagrams in the back of Haynes have proved very useful. the The mechanical explanations are hit and miss. But in general, the manual is OK for what it is.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

I also have found my Haynes manual for my 9000 to be inadequate at times. There is an online service that is model- and year-specific that I've found to be very good. It is available by annual subscription. There is a demo available on their homepage so you can test drive it.

NFI, Rod. '899kT

Reply to
Rodney Orr