Bloomin' Louverly

Hope you have some eye protectors on ... My new louvre is sharp enough to poke yer eye out :)

Enjoy ...

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

V nice...but what's with the wheels?!?

Al

Reply to
Al

in article Lqash.125118$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk, Al at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 19/01/2007 21:07:

They're my future track day wheels ... 7" wide 8) When I bought them, they had mud and snow tyres on and it was just starting to be mud and snow season. I didn't think my white wheels would make it through the winter without damage, so they're stored for the spring. I have got used to the wider track now ... It really does hang onto the corners, so I think I'll have to use some spacers when I put the 5.5" wheels back on.

Does anyone know the precise wheel bolt I would need for running with a 10mm spacer?

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Mine is louverlier.

(in very small lettering indicating I am muttering under my breath): but I don't have any pictures, damn camera. mine looks better mutter grumble bitch complain....

8-)

Looks good Paul.

My car's tail actually looks about the same as yours, though my louvers are the metallic Saab ones. I also have the red insert on the tailgate and the OEM whale tale. Hopefully I can get the right side finished this year, I need a new fender (the whole where the air damn fastens rotted out and is the size of silver dollar) and repairs to the quarter panel (it looks like something has taken a bite out of the wheel well.) Once those are done, those beautifully refinished SPG panels can come out of their bubble wrap and get put on. Yeah!

I really have to get some new pix up on my site, I am 8 months behind.

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Brown

Azev A wheels aren't they? Ex boss's 9k Aero had a set on. Very nice wheel. proper performance rim, not just looks but weight and strength too.

Reply to
Elder

Very nice Paul! Now that I have my red 89 16V hatchback I'm thinking about louvre-ish ideas. I have no idea if it's possible to get any sort of brand new louvres to suit a hatchback c900, so how did you come by yours?

Anything to keep the sun out but still provide almost perfect rear vision has good to be a good thing. Short of tinting, which is illegal I think for front and rear windscreens at least in this part of Oz.

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

Hmmmm. Makes it look reptilian!

Reply to
johannes

in article ep25ho$kmu$ snipped-for-privacy@yoda.apana.org.au, Craig's Saab C900 Site at snipped-for-privacy@lios.apana.org.au wrote on 22/01/2007 11:01:

Mine was an eBay special. Hagstom's of Norfolk, UK list them for purchase at about 170 GBP, but they seem to be permanently out of stock.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

in article snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Elder at snipped-for-privacy@bouncing-czechs.com wrote on 21/01/2007 22:15:

I think they might actually be Mille Miglia (Were they the company that made the thin five spoke Viggen wheels?). There are no markings on the wheel and I can't find them in Azev's catalogue. The other thought was Borbet, but no joy there and OZ (there were similar wheels made by OZ for Lotus a few years ago) don't seem to show anything like them.

This is a close-up:

... Compared to the Mille Miglia star:

There was a wheel on the old Audi 80 that looked similar, but was six spoke:

... Here's showing off the "dish":

If anyone recognises the wheel, I'd love to hear. I really like them.

At 15", they have a kind of "Mustang" look to them, especially with big

195/65 ratio tyres straight off a 9000. I'll be running 205/55 or perhaps 225/(50?) when they're ready for some track tyres.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

in article lxNsh.782519$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net, Jeremy Brown at snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote on 21/01/2007 17:37:

Cheers :)

Ah! How does that one fit? That's the one with the SAAB lettering down the side, right? I have a topic running here on my Special Editions forum and hope to write up a page about SAAB Louvres for the website at some point:

I just got a brand new décor panel. Anyone want to buy an old one? I took mine off to fit the new one and discovered that the old one had been drilled again to fit the mounting screw outside the standard SAAB holes. I'd hate to drill a brand new one, so I'll wait until my new tailgate arrives and get a new numberplate at the same time.

Here's mine with the décor panel:

In fact, that picture is pretty much when we first got the car.

You should ... I'd love to see it.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

in article C1D6BA89.71A7% snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk, Paul Halliday at snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk wrote on 19/01/2007 18:12:

... and one from my "gratuitous three-quarter angle" :)

Looking at that, I should really get my new décor panel fitted.

Paul

Vart tog vägen vägen? SAAB : Nothing on earth comes close

Reply to
Paul Halliday