By design or re-assembled wrong - GM900 V6

I have a 1994 GM V6 Saab 900. The lower radiator hose has a hole in it where it rubs the exhaust pipe. My question is if this was by design. I would assume no one would design an car where the rubber radiator hoses are in direct contact with the exhaust system - but one should never assume. I would think this is either the wrong hose or there should be a bracket to keep the hose away from the exhaust pipe.

Its a good thing I have my C900, so I can take my time fixing the "Newer" GM 900 - again. I just got the GM900 out of the shop two weeks ago. It was making a clunk everytime I applied the brake. Fortunately it was not the brake. I was told it was a common problem with the GM900s. The A-frame is attached to the uni-body by bolts, which routinely work loose. The clunk was the A-frame moving. I will know where to look the next time it starts making noises again.

Reply to
ma_twain

Saab's maintenance schedule includes a "chassis retorquing" routine... does the lower rad hose have printing of a Saab date code? Or is it a cheapo replacement? I've seen some horrible "aftermarket replacement" hoses installed in cars.

Reply to
SmaartAasSaabr