c900 - More Tales of the Release Bearing

The squealing and a screaming has got to to stop! My non working clutch started working again and has been ok for the last couple of months - except, of course, the sound of the death throes of the release bearing.

Now, can I change the release bearing without removing the clutch? If I were to pull the splined shaft, push the slave cylinder in a bit and pull and replace the release bearing.

It's a banger - I'm not going to spending spending GBP100+ (USD200) on new plates for a car I only paid GBP 250 for if I don't have to and if I don't have to remove the clutch so much the better.

Reply to
sweller