C900 Problems. Help Please?

Hiya,

I've finally got a Saab!! It's a 1987 T16. Great car, already managed to weld up the rot for the MOT and fitted a new set of bushes to the front suspension. I've one other MOT prob to sort, a low effort to the handbrake on one side - it's a front wheel h/b. Is it gonna be a cable, or something seized? I haven't got my hands on a workshop manual yet and I can't fathom it!

Last but not least, the carpets are damp, both front footwells. This has happened while the cars been stood while repaired. No holes in floor as we've welded them all, and no coolant being lost? Is there drain holes somewhere that could be blocked? Door bottoms or sunroof drains?

Ta for any help,

Ben

Reply to
Ben

Sorry for the double post!

Ta for any help,

Reply to
Ben

In article , snipped-for-privacy@tinsnail.fsworld.co.uk spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

Ben, have a search on Google groups regarding the handbrake problem.

I failed the MOT with mine, and Tom@saabtech gave me advice on the correct procedure for setting it up.

Mine failed on the handbrake, and I fitted recon calipers 6 months prior.

Fit new pads to both sides, do the handbrake setup procedure and give everything a good clean with brake cleaner.

Shoudl work at least well enough to pass the MOT, if not permanently.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo