C900 Radiator - Which UK Supplier

OK, I'm gonna get my hands properly oily for the first time in years. I used to be a competent basic DIY mechanic, but that was a while ago.

The radiator on my C900 T16 Aero is looking decidedly shot, so I figure I'll change it out now before I get a problem. At the same time I'll do the thermostat.

Here's the question, I have three prices for the rad'

=A375 inc vat plus postage from Elkparts.co.uk for a "swedish" pattern part

=A3110 Inc Vat (I think) plus postage for a genuine saab rad from partsforsaabs.co.uk

=A3127 PLUS vat no postage if ordered from my local saab dealer, for a genuine saab recon unit.

Thermostats all much the same at around seven quid.

Any opinions on best way to go, this is a big price variation!

Any experience of the above suppliers? quality/delivery time etc.

Obviously if you don't want to risk offending the above suppliers feel free to email me direct.

Many thanks

Al

Reply to
Al

or take it to your local radiator shop and get it recored like I do over here. We don't have SAAB suppliers like you do!

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

Yes, I did that with my good lady's NG900 - successfully, but price for new is pretty much the same as recoring, so I'm going for the complete article.

Cheers

Al

Reply to
Al

The other way is to approach custom radiator manufacturers who make radiators for 4x4 vehicles, etc. and ask them about making a special custom one just to compare the cost. There are plenty of suppliers selling radiators for Saab's, and they are frequently being sold on Ebay too.

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's C900 Site