c900 rear shock bolts

So they also didn't contact you when they shipped short?

Other than doing some of the same work twice, I really can't see any harm. I doubt that the travel will exceed the capacity of the shocks, even with tired springs.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Nope, the first time I found out about it was when I opened the box and found an item missing. It might have been possible for me find out before I received the package by looking at the order tracking info on eeuroparts' site.

Ok, that's what I figured. I'm sure people run Konis with insanely lowered setups anyway, with cut off bump stops, etc. And as for doing some of the same work twice: true, but it should be much easier the second time around, since the nuts and bolts won't be seized or rusted.

John

Reply to
John B

IMO no there isn't - especially as you're replacing them shortly (otherwise you'd have a longterm saggybum car if any serious loads on board?. Be a hell of a lot easier to wait a while & just do the whole job once though! Cheers

Reply to
hippo

True enough. It's looking like I might not have time until the springs are here anyway. If I do have time, I might use it to have a go at the ball joints, which promises to be an exciting project.

John

Reply to
John B

... and indeed it was. I managed to get 1 out of the four replaced. And I learnd some very valuable lessons.

The major mistake I made was not having sufficiently high A-arm spacers. And so I didn't realize the mistake until I had the old ball joint out. The old joint was so flexible it was easy to get out, but the new one couldn't be put in without more space under the A-arm. And I couldn't get more space under the A-arm without a ball joint in. Complicating matters, one of my spacers sort of slipped out at some point, and the A-arm was unevenly supported and slightly twisted from the pressure of the spring, which made it hard to get any ball joint in or out.

Anyway, I managed to get the original ball joint back in, jack up the suspension, and put in proper spacers. After that, it was easy as pie.

One thing I will need to find though, before I try any of the lower ball joints, is a socket shallow enough to fit between the CV boot and the ball joint bolt. My sockets were just barely able to squeeze in for the top ball joints, and the bottom joints have way less clearance.

Oh, and so here is a question (for anyone who has read this far into the post):

How the @%*& does one access the top shock absorber bolts on a c900 (with AC and ABS)???

Thanks,

John

Reply to