C900 removing the gearbox

So I've been at the wrecker the last couple days trying to get the gearbox out of a 900. I've got the instructions off of saabsite for dropping it out the bottom and I'm stuck at the point of the stud it mentions to the right of the crank pully, there's a lot of muck but I don't see said stud. Can anyone fill me in as to where exactly it is? If I had an engine lift I would pull the whole motor/gearbox but I don't and I'm not sure it would even work in the muck around the cars.

Reply to
James Sweet

I've heard tales of removal from the bottom, but personally I think that's crazy. The only remotely sensible way to remove a C900 gearbox is from the top.

Since the car in question is at a breakers yard, could you not get them to use the big crane to remove the engine/gearbox for you? This is commonly done in the UK.

Reply to
Grunff

...I had a look at the Haynes manual, but nothing useful there...

Reply to
pidgeonpost

Sorry, I'm a bit slow recently.....you were being ironic yes? ;-)

Al

Reply to
Al

....well when I started to respond to the post I had genuinely taken a look in Mr Haynes book just in case there was something that would help the poor feller out of a fix. I realised while typing my reply that the lack of info would come as no surprise to those of us who have spent many an unhappy hour fruitlessly rummaging through the manual with greasy fingers! Actually, I always found the early Haynes manuals quite handy, the later ones certainly ain't so good...

Reply to
pidgeonpost

You mean "Headlight bulb blown: Consult main dealer, no user servicable parts" type of thing?

Reply to
NeedforSwede2